Miami is known as “the magic city” to become one of the most popular resorts in the world in such a short time, thanks to the pioneering founders: Julia Tuttle, Henry Flagler and Carl Fisher, among others. Around the city are streets, bridges and monuments in honor of these visionaries.
The magic of Miami also stands out for its incredible crystal clear beaches, nightlife, luxurious hotels and the extravagance of the rich and famous who reside there. There are incredible places in this city and it is not necessary to be a magician or millionaire to visit Miami without having to spend a lot of money.
Here I will show you 5 economic places where I have spent unforgettable moments:
1) South Beach is the southernmost part of Miami Beach and is the area we most see on television because it consists of quaint hotels, restaurants on Ocean Drive and its beach is the biggest draw. Here you will find the well-known South Pointe Park, this park has children’s water games, a boardwalk along the beach and a pier overlooking Fisher Island and the canal where almost every day you can see cruises passing by on the way To the Atlantic Ocean. The cost of so much beauty is zero and I recommend that you have a picnic with your family because you can spend all day in this park without getting bored.
2) The Miami Zoo is home to more than 500 species of animals and extensive vegetation characteristic of the area. This zoo is among the best in the United States with 327 acres (132,332 hectares) but do not be scared because there is a monorail that helps you navigate all this space. The Miami Zoo offers a free phone application to fully explore and organize your visit. The cost of the ticket is less than $ 16, but I tell you that if you buy the ticket on the website you can save $ 1. Remember: From a pennies the fortune is made.
3) The Everglades are the largest sub-tropical swamps in the country with extreme tropical beauty and exotic animals. The Everglades National Park allows you to explore the wildlife of these wetlands by offering guided hikes, boating or kayaking. The park is open 365 days a year and you can even camp for only $ 16, but the general admission is $ 10 during the day.
For the more adventurous, I want to name the Gator Park because here you can climb a hovercraft and tour the everglades watching the alligators up close, also attend a wildlife show and even taste dishes that have frogs and alligators as ingredients. While the price of admission is a bit higher, visit the website to find a reduced price and discount coupons. Do not forget to bring insect repellent.
4) Bayside Marketplace: It’s an outdoor mall filled with music and an unrivaled view of Biscayne Bay. On your visit to Miami, you can not miss shopping and here you will find many interesting shops. When you get tired of shopping (although we, women, never get tired of doing “shopping”), you can sit in one of the different restaurants with flavors of all countries. If you have time, the Island Queen boats depart from here for a 90-minute ride around Miami Harbor, Fisher Island and the famous island. The price of this boat ride is $ 24 for adults and $ 19 for children 4 to 12 years of age if you buy tickets online.
5) The Marlins Stadium is an imposing structure that houses the games of the baseball team of Miami: Los Marlins. If you are a sports fan you will enjoy this stadium that has restaurants that reflect our culture and that has baseball games all year long, including major league teams. On the website you can find many economic options to take the family. Tickets to games start from $ 12 and military families enter with free ID (up to 4 tickets). The design of the stadium is excellent and even if you buy the cheapest tickets, the seats are very good.
This colorful city is visited by thousands of people every year and is still one of the most diverse and fun places in the country. Whether you are interested in outdoor activities, shopping, nightlife or sports, here you will find everything you need to create unique memories with your family. For more information about Miami you can visit Miami Beach 411 where you will find all the necessary information to organize your visit.
Miami has been my home since 2001 and I still enjoy all the beauty it offers like the first day I arrived. The places named have been my favorites and I recommend that you use daily offer sites to get discount coupons for activities in Miami. The purchase of coupons and tickets to online activities can be paid quickly with your prepaid card or debit card. Start planning your vacation and visit us soon.